Vision therapyThis is a form of physical therapy for the eyes and brain which is a non-surgical treatment which is very effective for many visual problems such as lazy eye, crossed eyes, double vision, convergence insufficiency (imbalance of eye muscles). Vision Therapy is similar to a professional fitness session. Here at the Yateem Eye Center, we have a specialized team of professionals who will analyze your condition and identify the right exercises. They will then provide you intense training sessions based on your schedule. We understand the difficulty many patients face in coming for regular sessions of vision therapy and we also offer therapies that can be followed at home.
Vision Therapy program:
- Vision exercises or procedures are performed under supervision
- Customized for the visual needs of each patient
- Conducted in-office depending on the condition (Session may last for 30 minutes)
- Occasionally supplemented with procedures done at home
- Helps to develop or improve fundamental visual skills and abilities
- Improve visual comfort, ease, and efficiency
- Change how a patient processes or interprets visual information.
In-office Vision Therapy uses the following and is performed under supervision:
- Corrective lenses
- Therapeutic lenses
- Prism lenses
- Occluders or eye patches
Important points about vision Therapy:
- The efficiency of vision therapy is based on how well the patient complies with the instructions. Consistently undertaking the exercises is crucial for a positive result.
- During the initial week of vision therapy, there may be mild headaches or eye strain. This is completely normal and should not put you off the therapy. This is a reaction similar to the first week of intense physical workout. The symptoms will fade away with regular therapy.
- Be honest with your doctor on how long you did each of the exercises. It is important that you keep a track of all the exercises and time the same.
- Don’t discontinue the exercises unless advised by the doctors.
- If you are unable to continue the exercises due to some reason please notify our team as appointment slots are highly limited.